Wednesday, November 11, 2009
The real world?
Hello again. I still can't seem to get into this blogging thing, I guess this type of media production just isn't my cup of tea. Anywho, this weeks readings for class are probably my favorite topic we have discussed so far. I really enjoy the production aspect of media studies and hope to possibly, one day, if I'm really lucky x 1000, get a job working as some part of a snowboarding company's production team. In highschool my friends and I would take weekend trips up to my buddy's cottage in North Conway NH. We would bring a handycam that I borrowed from my TV production class and film everyting from the time we loaded up the cars to the drive home. When I got back to school monday morning I would sit in my production class and just edit the sh*t out of all the footage we got. I loved the editing process, fitting certain clips together with awsome effects and music to make the crazyest video possible. This is really what got me into media studies in a way, and the reason why I choose to have a technical concentration for my major. Now that the time is really winding down for me I have started thinking about places where I might be able to apply to work when I graduate. I think I'm going to keep up with the Plymouth Rock studios and hopefully get a job doing something there. "Eastcoast Hollywood" does sound like an interesting place to work...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment