Saturday, December 5, 2009

Bridgewater Prison Escapee

Does anyone else not understand how they let this guy escape from the Bridgewater Prison? I mean from what I heard he was in there waiting to be convicted of an armed robbery and rape charge and they were keeping him in the minimum security part of the prison, and letting him participate in a work-leave program. How does this make any sense?! So then I heard that while he was out on work-leave he saw a commercial on t.v. saying that he had been convicted of those felony charges and fled the area. Hopefully by putting his face all over the t.v. and through other ways we will be able to get this guy caught. This shows us how media can hurt society, on one hand there was a freak accident/coincidence and a convicted fellon was able to eacape the long arm of the law, but on the other hand the media will probably, as it has shown in the past, get this guy recognized and caught. What do you guys think of the situation?

1 comment:

  1. Honestly if the guy had those types of charges placed against him than I don't think he should have been on that work release either. This actually reminds me of another jail break that I read about that I think happened down in Texas where the inmate was a high security one and he had faked something so that they thought that he needed a wheel chair. Well anyways when he was being transported to another prison that could better suit his needs he pulled a gun on the two guards transporting him and after unchaining himself got up and ran away. How does an inmate get a gun? Anyways it also said that his face was being plastered everywhere as well to hopefully catch him so ya I do think that the media can be a great asset in getting these guys, but you just have to be careful because it can end up being a two edged sword.

    ReplyDelete